As I conclude my Italian Cinema series, I want to celebrate 2 films that are a direct result of Italian Neo Realism. Both of which come from the Iranian New Wave (a form of neo realism).
“The Mirror” is a story of a little girl trying to get home. If you haven’t seen it, it is one of the most charming films I’ve seen. It’s important to watch the entire movie.
The director, Jafar Panahi, said that the film was meant to show how “reality and the imagination are intertwined, they are very similar”. -Wiki page
1) Where is it on following the Bechdel Test: 5
2) Strength of the writing: 5
3) Strength of the directing: 5
4) Strength of the acting: 5
5) Strength of the cinematography: 5
6) Strength of the editing: 5
7) Strength of the sound design: 5
8) Strength of the production design: 5
9) Did I enjoy it? 5
10) Would I recommend it? 5